Get creative with some chicken kabobs to ramp up the flare to your food.
Some thing I did this week was grab chicken from the grocery store(duh!) then onto the produce section to get some bell peppers, onions and zucchini. I got home and started kabobbing, meaning I organized them on a stick until Lauren came over and relieved me of my duties, haha! Then place them on the grill until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked. If you’re on the heavier training side, pair it with a rice, potatoes or a form of carbohydrate to aid in recovery, and if you’re more on the fat-loss side, pair it with some avocado to add in some healthy fats and control that insulin production.
Some health benefits of bell peppers are:
- Bell peppers are low in calories! So, even if you eat one full cup of them, you get just about 45 calories. Bonus: that one cup will give you more than your daily quota of Vitamin A and C!
- The bell pepper is a good source of Vitamin E, which is known to play a key role in keeping skin and hair looking youthful.
- Bell peppers also contain vitamin B6, which is essential for the health of the nervous system and helps renew cells
Some health benefits of onions:
- The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
- Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
- For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
Some health benefits of zucchini:
- Zucchini are rich in antioxidants – particularly helpful in protection of the eye, including protection against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Zucchini contains folate, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- The darker the squash, the more nutrients it has.
2017 05 26