Simple steps to healthy eating
Remember when you are getting started with a new plan to keep it simple and start with small changes. Don’t think that just because it’s “Monday” everything you love must go. It doesn’t! Start by adding something simple in like drinking more water or a veggie with lunch and dinner. Small changes are easier to manage and more likely to stay with you in the long haul.
Here are a few other basics to get you started. If you have any questions you can always contact us at email@example.com
- Add in some extra protein into your diet. Many of us eat plenty of carbs but not enough protein. Try having a few eggs for breakfast with some sautéed veggies and maybe a piece of salmon or chicken with a salad for lunch.
- Replace crappy fats and oils with healthy fats and oils. Very simply add olive oil, coconut oil, or fish oil in to your diet with things like Avocados, nuts and grass-fed butter.
- Don’t be afraid of a snack! Snacks are a good way to hold you over between meals and keep your metabolism going. Just choose something healthier like veggie sticks, fruit, hard boiled eggs or even some organic deli meat wrapped in romaine lettuce.
- Try and avoid processed foods. I know I just told you to eat deli meat but remember there are differing qualities. I am referring to packaged things like chips, pasta, breads. Those sorts of foods that are calories dense but short on nutrients.
- Eat some rice it won’t kill you! People have been eating eat forever I think you will be ok. My point is don’t be afraid to eat some carbs you won’t sabotage yourself. Your body will use small amounts for energy and to help burn fat. So, add some in especially and this will go against what you may have been told at night. When you eat a small number of carbs at night your body will release serotonin which will help you sleep better.
2017 08 30